With more people working from home these days, correct posture is paramount to keeping employees happy. The man in the purple shirt is showing you what NOT to do. He hunches over, looking down at his screen, while his feet are too far in front of him.
Proper posture in your home office is easy:
1. Adjust the height of your chair so that your feet are completely flat on the floor. Make sure that your knees are aligned with or a little bit lower than your hips.
2. Sit at the back of the chair so that you maintain your normal spinal curve. If you have a bad chair, you need a lumbar support.
3. Ensure the keyboard is directly in front of you and close.
4. Set up the computer monitor to be eye level so that you are not putting strain on your neck and shoulders.
5. Sit back at least 20 inches from the screen.
6. Stretch throughout the day to keep your shoulders from creeping up and rounding your back.
7. Move! You need to get up and move every 60 minutes for at least 2 minutes.
8. Drink more water! This hydrates your muscles, discs, and forces regular movement to empty your bladder.
Please share these tips with your employees to reduce the number of lower back pain complaints and neck pain complaints.
Please schedule an appointment with Dr. Zac Cadman of ADIO Chiropractic in Mission Viejo, CA to help reduce your neck and shoulder pain or lower back discomfort.